Thursday 14 June 2012

Wow - 4.2 Day

The View of Mount Hood on the way to the Hatchery.

Wow! There were whitecaps on the water when I got up.  The forecast was to blow all day, so I took my time.  Funny that even when one takes his time, if there aren't 12 other people around, you get organized a lot quicker.  I was at the sailing site by 10:00.  Met "John" who was coming off the water, not because the wind had died, but because he had already sailed for three hours.....

I went out on my 4.8, and had a good sail, but was very over powered on the near side.  There was very large swell, and the current is quite fast, so you have to concentrate on staying down wind and even with the beach.

There was no one to take photos of me, but I looked something like this....

...and this...  or maybe this was Harold W - Same colour sail and helmet!!!

Of course, I ran into Mike at the beach - Not sure if he was happy to see me,
but he did say he appreciated the wind...

Harold  W showed up around noon!
Harold W showed up about noon.  We both went out on our 4.2's.  Large swell, and lots of wind.
We both had three sessions, the first two being great, and the last under powered.  My last sail, about 3:30 was on my 4.8 and big Naish board.  I slogged out and back, and ended up half way to Kodiak Point.  Good thing the "elevator current" close to shore brings you back, or I would have had to walk...

Harold W in the swell.

All in all, a great day.  I am very sore, all over.  Harold W went out for a Mountain Bike Ride......I think I'll have a hot shower.

Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment