Friday 22 June 2012

2012-06-22 Heading Home

It is always a sad day when it's time to leave.

Harold W, left on Tuesday, Big Jim on Thursday, and now the majority will be leaving today after sailing.  I believe Handre, Lazelle, Gerry, Blaine, Andreas and Ross will be the only ones left - and I'm not sure about Blaine and Gerry.

Temira did her magic with her forecast again!  Hood River was cold and rainy....  the call was for Roosevelt and Arlington.  After the usual coffee and breakfast, we packed up and headed out.

Lots of sails rigged!!
The river didn't look very promising as we drove east, but sure enough, it was blowing when we got to Roosevelt.  The weather was cooler and a bit cloudy, but the wind was steady.   Most were out on 4-5m sails.  I was very comfortable on my new 5.6 Hucker and Kode board.
Hot Sail Team Riders Casey and Harold W.
Because it was about the only place on the river that was sailable, and because the winds had been light the last couple of days - the place was packed.  And because the wind was lighter, everyone was out on the water - so it was much more crowded than our previous visits (when it was just too windy for many people to get out on the river.) All of our group was out, and from what I could tell, they were all having fun!  Rene even got to sail his new Board!

The parking lot was jammed!!
I sailed until Three, then packed up, said my goodbye's (to those not on the water), and headed home.  This will be my last blog entry, unless I get a story from one of the other guy's about the last part of the trip.....

While not as windy as some trips, I sailed 7 of 9 days, and two of those on my smallest gear (4.2m Sail and 77 Litre Kode.  Lots of sailing, and wonderful friends!  Great Trip!!!

Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment