Wednesday 13 June 2012

Suprise at Roosevelt

After a nice evening with my Brother in Calgary, I left early so I could get through the Calgary traffic before the morning rush hour.  The drive was good, but lots of rain, and a huge thunder and lightning storm over Spokane.  Sometimes we were down to 30mph on a 60mph freeway because of all the water and low visibility.  A real test for the high speed on the wipers.  I'm sure glad they have resurfaced the road, because we would have all been hydroplaning all over the place if all the ruts were still there like a few years ago.....  It cleared up and had blue skys from Ritzville on...

I had a nice surprise as I hit the river - it was warm and windy.  I got to Roosevelt around six, just as everyone was coming off the water.  I suspect that they were all just tired, because the wind was still cranking.  I went out on my 4.8 and CODE board, and had a great sail until a barge came.  I gave the Barge lots of room and stood in the bay until it was passed.  Unfortunately, it sucked the wind away with it.  I slogged out, sailed partway back and then had to swim in for the last 200 yds.  Oh well - still a lot more sailing than I thought I was going to get today.

I am not sure if Harold W got sailing today.  I know he was on his way down, but I think he was an hour or so behind me.  I hope to catch up with him tomorrow. 

Looking forward to more of the guy's starting to arrive tomorrow.

Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment